Groundworks Industries is home to a collection of brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences that set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture. We are actively recruiting for a Vice President of Retail to lead our retail teams and continue to drive innovation and operational excellence.
The VP of Retail is responsible for driving retail strategy through instore brick and mortar, eCommerce, and delivery retail concepts. With alignment to the overall company strategic business plan, develops and implements the strategy for the retail business and ensures all sales, profitability, margin, consumer, and operational objectives are achieved through all store and office functions. This leader plays a critical role in building a culture of amazing customer service through developing the systems, tools and processes that make Groundworks an industry leader in cannabis retailing.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The VP of Retail is a customer champion, ensuring all retail locations execute against a best-in-class product, service, and environment experience. Facilitating adherence to brand strategies and ensuring consumers understand and receive the full brand experience in all direct-to-consumer channels
This role is a financially savvy leader, accountable for the profit and loss within their area of the business. They continually find efficiencies in cost, time, and drive business success. The VP of retail maintains overall fiscal responsibility for achieving business plan goals and budgeted objectives through sales, margins, profitability, and other financial measurements.
This position is a culture-building, solutions-oriented leader, that serves as a key communication conduit between organizational strategy and the boots on the ground execution within the retail business unit. They empower their team to tackle challenge and maintain a solutions-oriented, positive approach to collaboration across multiple business functions. The right person is an expert communicator, coach, and hands on developer of talent.
Tactically, this position manages a team of 4-7 direct reports, with accountability for recruitment, performance management, and labor management.
The VP of Retail oversees both retail sales, operations, and the buying and merchandising functions of the business. They are the sales-culture leader and also have a good sense of how to manage a highly regulated inventory from an operational and strategic lens.
This position supervises a team of 4-7 direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year university in Business, Management or comparable studies with MBA preferred or comparable experience
- Significant senior retail management experience with progressively increasing scope and responsibility
- Significant experience successfully leading, managing, and developing multi store, multi-channel retail teams with development and execution of high-level strategic plans
- Significant experience and knowledge across with MS Office Suite, Excel, PPT and standard business programs
- Proven track record in sales generation and managing the achievement of sales results.
- Experience with Assortment Planning, Demand Planning, OTB management
- Experience in understanding and managing brand and marketing concepts
- Experience in administration and reconciliation of sales figures and complex P&L statements
- Experience setting a shared vision and direction and building the excitement and enthusiasm needed to engage a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience building organizations with strong teams and committed staff – evidenced by employee retention and engagement through organized training, on boarding and communication programs
- Experience in successfully managing multiple channels with different customers, systems, and processes
- Ability to strategically prepare for and execute aggressive store growth plans
- Ability to teach others processes and ensure team members understand financial implications of decisions
- Ability to read, interpret, and initiate action against financial reports
- Ability to conduct and analyze research related to consumers, industries, markets, customers, and competitors
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence with particular experience in a branded retail organization
- Inspirational leader who creates career opportunities and people development in partnership with HR to establish the best retail talent in the industry
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and is able to achieve desired results in a fast-paced, highly competitive, multi-tasking environment with proactive and solution-oriented thinking
- Motivation towards process improvement, with an ability to be creative in streamlining process and flow of systems
- Marijuana Handler Permit must be acquired prior to start of employment
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations required for working in this industry
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry and the Oregon marketplace preferred